Volleyball is a yet another team sport which is played on both indoor and outdoor courts. There are two teams with six players on each side and are divided by a net in the middle. Each team tries to score a point by hitting the ball on the ground of the opponents Court.
Volleyball has been a part of Summer Olympics since 1964. A player has to serve the ball from behind the boundary of the court, over the net and into the opponents court. The reciveing team should return the ball back to its opponents without the ball touching the ground. The team can touch the ball for 3 times but a single player cannot touch the ball more than once at a single time.
Dimensions of a volleyball court is 9m x 18m (29ft x 59 ft) divided into two equal halves by a net (39.4 in), top of the net should be 2.43m for men's and 2.24 for womens. According to FIVB, the ball must be spherical, made of leather or synthetic leather and should have a circumference of 65-67cm, weight of the ball should be around 260g-280g.
Rules of Volleyball:-
Famous Players :-
- Six players on a team, 3 in the front and 3 at the back.
- Max 3 hits per side.
- A individual cannot hit the ball more than once.
- A ball can be played off the net.
- A ball hitting the boundary line is considered in.
- Any part of the body can be used to return the ball.
- It's a foul if you hold the ball, catch or throw rather than hit it.
- After serve front line players can switch positions.
- Logan Tom
- Ivan Zaytsev
- Ivan Mijikovic
- Jordan Larson
- Gabrielle Reece
- Jimmy George
- Dante Amaral
- Murilo Endres
Volleyball is now also played in the Olympics.